By BRUNO BURACCO Sep 2015
This page shows a model distributed to some Italian newsagents to test the market for a new Alfa Romeo Collection. This trial edition is published by Hachette. The model shown is to 1:43 scale, and made of die-cast metal. It is a model of the Alfa Romeo Giulia New Super of 1974. The master was made by Leo Models, an Italian company specialized in producing scale model masters.
After the market test Hachette will decide whether to produce the full Alfa Romeo Collection. The other models are already pictured are:
- Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale 1967
- Alfa Romeo 8C 2900 B Lungo 1937
- Alfasud Sprint 1.7 Quadrifoglio Verde 1987
The released Alfa Guilia has slightly oversize wipers. But other features are good:
- The steering wheel has a proper shape and the steering wheel rim is the right wood colour
- The dashboard is neatly represented using a decal
- The centre console has detailed instrumentation
- Seats replicate the shape of the original ones well
- Door panels include handles, window winder, opening handles of the doors, the electric windows crank and moulded armrests
- The front door panel even has a representation of the deflectors opening catch
- Well shaped reproduction of the transmission tunnel.
If Hachette decide to release this collection it should be good value for money. For those who want to learn more about the Leo Models, please consult the website www.leomodels.it.